Last fall I made a bunch of soup bowl potholders for warming soup and fixing instant oatmeal. When I showed friends, they began making them like crazy--like 100s! I must admit making them for friends and family but that's it. Here's a link to that post.
The other day I found some that look a whole lot easier to make at Patchwork Posse. I've tried two--the first one was a bit tight for my bowls so I made a second which is too big. Perhaps I'll make one more before I get it just right. Sounds like the Three Bears' Story--too big, too small and the next will be just right.
If you go to Patchwork Posse for today's post, there's a nice tut for the microwavable baked potato bag.
Please excuse the pictures, it is raining outside. I like the "handles" the folded corners make.
I've got most of my philanthropy sewing done so will have plenty of time to get this finished up. And, if it continues to rain, I'll make another. Happy sewing day to you.
Marcy
The other day I found some that look a whole lot easier to make at Patchwork Posse. I've tried two--the first one was a bit tight for my bowls so I made a second which is too big. Perhaps I'll make one more before I get it just right. Sounds like the Three Bears' Story--too big, too small and the next will be just right.
If you go to Patchwork Posse for today's post, there's a nice tut for the microwavable baked potato bag.
Please excuse the pictures, it is raining outside. I like the "handles" the folded corners make.
It's the first of the month and time for Quilt Doodles to get the block of the month up. I've got the fusing done, but no stitching, embroidery or embellishing. I used some silver insulbrite for some of the parts. I hope it shows up a bit more once the stitching is on it. This block might have to be made a couple times because it could make a neat wall hanging. This is the third month of her BOM patterns.
I've got most of my philanthropy sewing done so will have plenty of time to get this finished up. And, if it continues to rain, I'll make another. Happy sewing day to you.
Marcy
Hi Marcy
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog at PugMom Quilts! I like your bowls and your sewing machine block!