Sunday, September 14, 2014

Microwaveable Soup Bowl Potholders

Last week my hands were not cooperating so I found some machine work to stay out of trouble. It just might be an early start on Christmas. So what would be machine work with little thinking? Microwaveable soup bowl potholders for sure. When you are doing many it goes quick by chaining.  But in my mind I've come up with a quicker and easier way and will give it a try. If it is successful, I will share it with you.

 
The black chili pepper fabric I used last year and there's not much left. The green I found for this year's batch. And, they are not just for soup. Think anything in a bowl: oatmeal and leftovers.  However, they are just as good keeping your ice cream cold as well.
  


Here they are before the final turning.







There are free patterns and tutorials all over the internet from blogs and websites. Just keep in mind: use all cotton--thread, fabric and batting. Also remind your recipients they are NOT for cooking, just warming.



Marcy
 




 

6 comments:

  1. Marcy those look like they belong here in New Mexico. It's chile roasting season right now too! Using those bowls for ice cream sounds good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ran into a man in Joann's last week with a bolt of poly fusible batting. I had to ask what he was making just because he was a man in Joann's. He said his wife was making these bowls and microwavable potato bags for a craft show. Yikes! With poly batting! I warned him that 100% cotton is suggested for obvious reasons. He assured me she had made hundreds with no problem. How scary is that! Hopefully he shared our conversation with his wife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your choice of fabrics. I have this on my list of backlog projects to do. You may inspire me to work on them again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcy
    you are the lucky bird to have won the 2 mini-charm-packs from the September Blog Hop.... congratulations!
    Please send me your address via email, that would be great :-))
    Cheers and hugs from Switzerland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those potholders are a good idea! And beautiful too! You may be surprised to learn that yours are the first I'm seeing. Or maybe I saw them but it did not registered. ;-)
    Do you put them in the microwave with the bowls or do you place the bowl inside it after warming the bowl?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic idea as long as they are 100 percent safe. One for the gift draw.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.