Sunflowers just say fall. It's fall when they start to bow their heads and drop their seeds. The blackbirds gathering around looking for one little treat.
While making this fall tote, it gave me the opportunity to visit fabric I hadn't seen in a while. This is not a pattern; I just went by the seat of my pants. I thought the black background in the center would make my sunflower pop out a bit.
Since I prefer to carry a tote rather than a purse, I have to have pockets for all my goodies. There are two larger pockets on the inside.
The petals on the flower are half circles stitched and gathered. When I found the fabric for the center, I decided to add a touch more batting to give it some roundness.
Here you might be able to see the quilting. It's just cross hatched in black so it can hide in the background.
Have a great week sewing.
Marcy
Lovely Bag, it is beautiful
ReplyDeleteMaybe you should write a pattern! Nice bag and flower!
ReplyDeleteI love your sunflower bag! And the 3D flower is a surprising but beautiful eye-catching detail. The black centre certainly brings the other fabric out. This bag will bring some brightness into the rainy days that are numerous in fall.
ReplyDeleteWhat a really neat tote. It screams fall. Very pretty.
ReplyDeleteWhat a darling tote! LOVE the sunflower, maybe you could do a tutorial sometime???
ReplyDeleteTanya
Marcy I love sunflowers and you created a gorgeous tote bag! The addition of the 3-D flower is just perfect. Enjoy your bag and the fall weather to go with it.
ReplyDeleteThis is such an adorable bag! I love the sunflower you made for the bags front :). <3
ReplyDeleteI love your 3D sunflower!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete