Housekeeping time can be fun. What? Well I was taken down some of the linens I display in the laundry room on this old three pole towel rack. They needed a good shaking or perhaps a run in the dryer on air. Then I thought about sharing them with you. I did not stitch any of these but love them anyway.
The next one is a knife keeper. I am sure it has a more distinct name than that but I found it a fun piece to have.
Besides the lovely stitching, you can see the slots for the knives. Fill'er up, roll it up and put it in the drawer.
Here are two more. Sometimes I put silverware in them and lay them on the buffet. Wish I had the holder for spoons. I had thought of recreating it, but it just wouldn't be the same. The cloth is very soft, probably after so many washings. They have the same slots on the backside.
And two embroidered pieces--one a tea towel and the other appears to be one of those scarfs that was usually draped on top of the man's chair to protect the upholstery from hair oils. Does anyone remember Vitalis? Or even VO5.
Isn't she a beauty?
Marcy
I love the 3 rod rack, my grandma had one of those.
ReplyDeleteI use my Grand'mere's embroidered cloths on my bureau and change them with the seasons. I also love their softness and images of long ago. so nostalgic...thanks for sharing...hugs, Julierose
ReplyDeleteMarcy those are all great and in perfect condition too. I just love that sunbonnet woman.
ReplyDeleteThose are treasures! I knew nothing about those knives/forks/spoons keepers. That's an interesting concept. It's a way of keeping clean cutlery we don't use often in a minimum amount of space, I guess. That would be fun to recreate with vintage linen. I really enjoyed reading your posts and even more looking at the embroidery. :-)
ReplyDelete