Monday, September 22, 2014

A Cross Stitched Great Find

There's a table in our office that is a catch all for lots of stuff that has no home. Yesterday he said the table is going to Goodwill. That's fine but I need to get my stuff out first.

Back in the 80's cross stitch was popular and a easy project to take along. What I am going to show you probably hasn't been touched since then. Some are complete and some need more work.

This is a bread basket liner. Heaven knows where the pattern is. However it looks to me like a few stitches and I've got a new Christmas linen. I'm thinking there was some pretty edge stitch, but I'll take it as is.



This sweet pattern is a pair to a little girl I did and it's been framed and hanging for some time now. It looks like a few stitches and he is done too.



The little Campbell Soup girl is finished. Perhaps she'll make her way to an apron front or pocket. If you look close it is even dated--'89.


Remember when ducks and swans were all the thing in decorating and embellishing?  It was in the 80s and they were everywhere. Maybe another apron or tote pocket will put this to good use. At least it is finished.


This will require some investment of time. However this is the only one there was a pattern for. The thread has probably faded but since it is a sampler, no one will notice.  That's if I get it finished.



Now to get my stitching fingers busy.

Marcy

 

7 comments:

  1. Such a fun find! I love the Campbell's soup gitl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how fun! I use to love to cross stitch. Love the Campbell's soup girl. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You finds will make great pockets! Hope you have fun with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you can put those to good use. I haven't cross stitched in decades.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great find! The sampler is my favorite, with the three little houses, the tea pot and the country village. Looks like the perfect project for Sunday afternoons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like finding a little bit of treasure. Love the Campbell Soup girl.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.