Monday, February 23, 2015

Your Garden Must Be Beautiful

 


 
I first saw this pattern on Pam Kitty Morning's blog last November, my sewing fingers said "GO" and did. There's a drawer full of PKM fabric in my sewing room, and of course I had the black with flowers. The saying embroidered on the sides made me smile and sigh pleasantly. Everyone has a friend who fits this saying and we are so fortunate they have crossed our life path. My next one will be for a friend who has a beautiful garden and a beautiful heart.



I bet you are wanting to know where to get this pattern. It will be available in about three weeks or so along with other patterns. Please keep in mind, the pattern is copyrighted by Sisters' Quilting Trunk where you'll find an amazing selection sewing and quilting patterns. They are four sisters (Mary Andra, Cheryl, Candee and Andee) each with a distinct specialty creating patterns for quilters and stitchers. There is also a blog at Mary Andra, a Sister from Sisters' Quilting Trunk. I had a lovely email from Mary Andra when I sent her a picture of my little quilt and she said the patterns are now in the process and will be out soon.



When it was ready to quilt, it had to rest while setting the plan in motion. You see, I don't like too much quilting on an embroidered piece. It attempts to steal the show. Mine has simple diagonal lines of machine quilting. Next time I'll hand quilt the lines, since I think the pattern deserves just a bit more giving.

 
This will not be a wordy post. The saying expresses it all. Have a great week sewing; your garden must be beautiful too.

Marcy

5 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful Marcy! I have always loved that quote. And I love Pam Kitty fabrics too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I particularly love the basket handle and the embroidered ribbon. Did you make the embroidery by hand?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful quilt, Marcy !
    Best regards
    Gosia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely. I love the colors for the basket and the quilting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the simplicity of this one!! It's kinda Mary Engelibrighty....and I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.