I turned in five quilts philanthropy quilts the other day but only got pictures of three of them. These I pieced as well as the straight line quilting. It only takes about 20 minutes to quilt--the rest takes a bit longer. We started pillowcasing them rather than binding. It's just quicker. The leader has given me fabric and sometimes I dig in my stash for matching pieces.
Yes, that yellow is that bright. It might even keep a kid up at night. I have method of piecing these blocks that speeds up the process.
When there were only eight bear center blocks, I had to come up with a center for the quilt. How about a pinwheel? It works and adds to the circus.
This next picture is bad, but the pattern worked well. Just 9--patch blocks and squares. It's flannel and snuggly. Sometimes patterns using boy fabric should be simple.
It's fun working with someone else's fabric. It's like you went shopping and didn't have to pay.
If you have quick and easy patterns for philanthropy quilts for kids, let me know. I can always use a change in my usuals.
Marcy
Yes, that yellow is that bright. It might even keep a kid up at night. I have method of piecing these blocks that speeds up the process.
When there were only eight bear center blocks, I had to come up with a center for the quilt. How about a pinwheel? It works and adds to the circus.
This next picture is bad, but the pattern worked well. Just 9--patch blocks and squares. It's flannel and snuggly. Sometimes patterns using boy fabric should be simple.
It's fun working with someone else's fabric. It's like you went shopping and didn't have to pay.
If you have quick and easy patterns for philanthropy quilts for kids, let me know. I can always use a change in my usuals.
Marcy
That yellow really is vivid -- but it's pretty and I think I read somewhere that babies can see bright primary colors better. I love the bears and their pinwheel.
ReplyDelete