Sometimes we get on auto pilot when we are making blocks. Does this ever happen to you? Here's two that remind me of a song from Sesame Street probably 40 years ago.
"One of these things is not like the other. Which one's different do you know."
There's another verse but I can't remember it. Do you know what it is?

You can laugh at me--I am. Remember, this is not an IQ test.
Marcy
"One of these things is not like the other. Which one's different do you know."
There's another verse but I can't remember it. Do you know what it is?
You can laugh at me--I am. Remember, this is not an IQ test.
Marcy
Oh this happens to me all the time! Sewing things wrong and quilting reminding me of songs. Many of my quilt names have song titles or phrases in them. Thanks for the giggle!
ReplyDeleteHehe, yep I know the feeling!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to my world--it usually happens when I day dream or am in a hurry....as if that's an excuse, huh lol hugs, Julierose
ReplyDeleteAnd you look at it as you iron it, going: how the heck did I miss that when I pinned it together?!?
ReplyDeleteOne of these things is not like the others,
ReplyDeleteOne of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?
Did you guess which thing was not like the others?
Did you guess which thing just doesn't belong?
If you guessed this one is not like the others,
Then you're absolutely...right!
We all do it Marcy, lol!!!
You have a good memory, Daryl!
DeleteI certainly do it too, Marcy! Often! When I sew, my mind tends to wander...
ReplyDeleteOh boy that looks so familiar. I was doing a pinwheel. I took it apart and turned the darn thing the wrong way again
ReplyDeleteVisiting from Val's Tueday Archive, yes I have done the exact same thing, more times than I want to admit. Be happy you found it in the piecing stage, not at the end after the quilt is quilted and bound like I did!
ReplyDeleteOh my yes, that has certainly happened to me I just haven't taken a picture.
ReplyDeleteLOL!! Me too...thanks for sharing at TUesday Archives this week.
ReplyDelete