Monday, July 6, 2015

Someone Else's UFOs

Oh boy, oh boy. That's what I was saying when I picked up a bag of someone else's UFOs donated to our group. This was fun, no kidding.

See this lovely pink baby quilt? The center pink and white squares were completed. I just had to find some boarders and backing then quilt. It truly is a beauty. The backing is white fleece so it is extra cushy.

This next project was very simple. I just couldn't cut this fabric into squares, so easily just framed it with some printed plaid gingham strips. The pink backing is a perfect match to the pink in the plaid.


Now here was the gold mine. All these finished 6.5" blocks and even more to complete. I've made three kids quilts so far and can get another two at least. This would have been one huge quilt using all of those fussy cut trucks. But, then, maybe it was meant to be for our group. The blocks I did have to piece were difficult since both edges were on the bias.


 
First I edged it with the bright orange until I remembered something in my stash. It's leftover from when I made a "Cars" the  movie quilt for one of the grands. The white blocks are cut from leftover backings donated by the longarmers.

 


Aren't you glad the holiday weekend is over so you can get back to your sewing machine?

Marcy
 

7 comments:

  1. Score! Those trucks are darling, love the orange and the checkerboard borders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are great ones to inherit!! LOVE that checkered border....perfect! And yes, so looking forward to getting back into the sewing room after three weeks of family visits. (Don't get me wrong...I LOVED every minute of it....just miss the hum of my sewing machine! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember this one! SOmeone else UFO;s....good post! Made me smile....again!

      Delete
  3. A big score with the truck blocks!! Those quilts are so cute especially with the checkered border. Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those trucks are going to make some little boy happy. How challenging to finish someone else's UFOs, and you did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little lambs...I couldn't of cut that up either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job rescuing someone else's UFOs. This are going to be really loved by the recipients!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.