How could I not resist. It was in a magazine (can't remember which) and the pattern pushed me into the sewing room to scurry through the 1930's scraps to find the perfect pieces. I was hesitant using black with the soft colors, but somehow it worked and I'm happy the way it turned out. It sits on a folded table runner near my embroidered Your Garden Must Be Beautiful poem with the same black fabric from Pamkittymorning.
In hindsight, I wish it was a bit wider to show off the teapot a bit more. Those tiny blocks are 3/4" finished.

Notice the back has two pockets and with two coasters from the tutorial HERE. Perhaps a few tea bags or the tea bag squeezer for the other pocket.
In hindsight, I wish it was a bit wider to show off the teapot a bit more. Those tiny blocks are 3/4" finished.
The table runner was from another magazine years ago. Around here, magazines are not in the save pile. Notice the back has two pockets and with two coasters from the tutorial HERE. Perhaps a few tea bags or the tea bag squeezer for the other pocket.
Marcy
I'm not a tea drinker but I'd like to make one of these...just cause. Love your fabric choices, can't go wrong with reproductions and Pam Kitty!
ReplyDeleteVery much a one of a kind and so smartly done! I love the way you included a pouch for mug rugs!
ReplyDeleteOh, your tea cozy is adorable! I love the fabrics and the pattern. I'll drop on in for a spot of tea. :)
ReplyDeleteКлассно! Интересно!
ReplyDeleteWhat is the small yellow thing in the first picture. It looks like an egg separater!
ReplyDeleteHello Marcy! I wrote a comment last Friday but it seems it never appeared on your post. What I was saying is that I really like the black fabric on your teapot. I find that it frames beautifully the softer squares. Also, adding pockets on the cozy is such a great idea!
ReplyDeletePinned