My New Spool Pouch
I was on a mission and then I fell in love. In love with this cute-as-can-be fabric! There was a sample pouch using this fabric at the quilt shop but using a different pattern. The top was arched and I didn't want to try an arch with a zipper. So I stuck with my standby pattern.
I had gone to the quilt shop for some fabric. Last week I received a pattern I won from Joan at Moosestash Quilting. This is such a neat pattern with with northwoods type of plaids, pine trees and, of course, more than one moose. What's the plural off moose anyway? They are so whimsical and this will be perfect for my Michigan sister-in-law. She'll love it just as pictured.
But for me, I will dress them up a bit. As long as they are having fun on that table topper, I'll add some red. Maybe the background will be in neon colors. Won't that be fun.
The pattern is Topsy Turvy Moose by Happy Hollow Designs.
Back to the pouch. It went together well and then I had to choose buttons. Time sort off slips when you dig through you buttons. Decisions, decisions.
A black fabric from my stash worked well for the lining. It has small dots of all the colors. I just finished hand sewing the opening left for turning and decided black is not my favorite for handsewing.
I found this spool for the zipper end. Not sure if it'll last--chincy looking and the color isn't right.
Also, I took pictures of some of our hybrid hollyhocks. The first one I use as my screen saver and it about blinds me. We never know what the seeds will produce. We save seeds from each plant and mark the color. That's not always what blooms though.
Summer is here--it was 102 degrees today. Where's June gloom?
Marcy

I like your little pouch... Great pics. 102 degrees, oh my... Too hot for me....
ReplyDeleteSo many things you shared! Moose in MI is quite appropriate. The pouch is very nice. Wonder if some type of craft paint stays on plexiglass to change the color. Wish my Hollyhocks would have come up the third year...but, I live in MI woods and the deer ate them!
ReplyDeleteSo many things you shared! Moose in MI is quite appropriate. The pouch is very nice. Wonder if some type of craft paint stays on plexiglass to change the color. Wish my Hollyhocks would have come up the third year...but, I live in MI woods and the deer ate them!
ReplyDeleteReally cute, those flowers are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThe buttons made all the difference on that little pounch! (I seriously love buttons of ALL kinds...LOL!) Thanks for sharing at TUesday Archives under our button theme this week. :)
ReplyDelete