Monday, June 15, 2015

Quilt Doodles Pup & a Strip Quilt


Here's my Quilt Doodles June BOM and he's my favorite pup. No picking up after this guy--if you know what I mean. The most fun is digging into the buckets of stash to find the perfect color.


A lady was cleaning out her sewing room and our group benefitted from it. This is the first one I completed. She had the top all done and it was sandwiched and ready for quilting. Don't you remember when those where the most popular colors? Are we talking 20 or 30 years ago? It all goes together so well. Instead of traditional binding, I brought the back to the front and stitched it down. This is one very heavy quilt with all of it's layers. The foundation is muslin.

Believe it or not, there are three Christmas quilts to be done as well. All have batting and backing. I'll probably not be in the mood to do winter quilts now that it is hot out. But, then, it may give off a bit of a chill. I can hope can't I?

Marcy

1 comment:

  1. Another cute applique block. I see you have been sew busy and productive, my friend ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.