Last month I assembled a firecracker siggy quilt for Quilts of Valor (HERE). In my haste, I cut the half square triangles to small but still attempted to use them. It didn't work and caused lots of unsewing. Thrifty me could not toss them out, so I just stitched those poor lost souls together.
I've got this rectangle that'll make into a nice table topper with a border.

Also, I turned the HSTs into pinwheel blocks and made potholders. My daughter uses these as trivets for hot dishes and casseroles. Now she is set for the Fourth of July.
I made recipe cards using my flag quilt as a watermark.
To top it off looky what I found at Kohl's--a patriotic spatula. Isn't it just too cool? They had blue spatulas as well.
I've got this rectangle that'll make into a nice table topper with a border.
Also, I turned the HSTs into pinwheel blocks and made potholders. My daughter uses these as trivets for hot dishes and casseroles. Now she is set for the Fourth of July.
I made recipe cards using my flag quilt as a watermark.
To top it off looky what I found at Kohl's--a patriotic spatula. Isn't it just too cool? They had blue spatulas as well.
The package was mailed on Tuesday and she had it by Friday. I never tell here when I send little packages like these. It adds to the surprise.
Are you making any special sewing projects for the 4th of July?
Marcy
Good for you Marcy for using up those hst. I have a ton of them from so many projects. One of these days I will get to sewing them into something. Your daughter will love her surprise package of goodies from you.
ReplyDeleteGlad you didn't throw away the HST's. They take a bit of time and look how cute they were used in these projects. What a fun surprise for your daughter. :-)
ReplyDeleteLove what you did with the HST,s. I didn't have a plan to sew for the 4th but I do now. Love the pot holder/trivit idea. and thanks for the heads up about the spatula at Kohl's. Last but not least, how can I find out about watermarking, it's a beautiful idea.
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovely use of leftover HSTs.. Thrifty and gifty ... a great combination ... :) Pat
ReplyDelete