A few weeks ago, I posted a pattern from a magazine (HERE) along with some fabric scraps a friend gave me. It's a real cute coffee cup pattern and my scraps mixed well with her scraps. She gave me the border fabric and I got they applique fabric from my stash. The only quilting is in-the-ditch and then I outlined around the cups and steam. I used a tinsel-like color around the steam and brown everywhere else. Sometimes when the fabric is too busy, quilting on it can overwhelm the pattern. Who knows, I may add some innocent hand quilting to get rid of the looseness of the border fabric.
The pattern didn't call for ric-rac but I had some brown on hand and worked it in. I just finished the binding and thought it was best to be a solid brown.
The applique is fused and machine sewn. My hands are getting too old for needle turn applique, so I save them to hand stitch the binding to the back. Sometimes machine stitched binding is worthy.
Maybe I'll invite my generous friend for some coffee and we can sit outside and enjoy the wonderful June weather...while it lasts. Hot July is right around the corner.
The pattern didn't call for ric-rac but I had some brown on hand and worked it in. I just finished the binding and thought it was best to be a solid brown.
The applique is fused and machine sewn. My hands are getting too old for needle turn applique, so I save them to hand stitch the binding to the back. Sometimes machine stitched binding is worthy.
Maybe I'll invite my generous friend for some coffee and we can sit outside and enjoy the wonderful June weather...while it lasts. Hot July is right around the corner.
Marcy
+(400x260).jpg)
.jpg)
Wow, do I love it!! Great fabric and color choices. I love the "steam" from the cups.
ReplyDeleteLOve this stitching project.
ReplyDeleteThis looks wonderful. The swirls above the coffee cups and the lettering and the rick rack ... perfect touches ... :) Pat
ReplyDeleteI love the steam above the cups!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful coffee quilt! Love the colors, design and quilting! Compliments!!!!
ReplyDeleteHow funny that you linked a coffee cup mug rug while I linked a tea cup mug rug... I must say that I love yours, Marcy. The colors are very rich and your cups are gorgeous! Chocolate colors. Maybe there's hot chocolate in one of the cup. :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect post to rejuvinate at our Applique linky....I saw Marcy's tea mug rug and your coffee cups are just as beautiful!!
ReplyDelete