My stash overfloweth. Time to use up what's on hand. I found this perfect pattern in a magazine downloadable at Hoffman Fabrics free. It's called: When Bali Met Sochi.
We were also fascinated by--what looked to quilters as--quilts at the Winter Olympics held in Russia. The diamond shaped bold colors blended together in many gradations were everywhere. I searched the worldwide web continually for the fabric. They had to be selling the fabric somewhere. Never found any.
Cutting began this past weekend and I thought I should make a few trial blocks. Fine. Even though they are diamonds and template patterns, I found it was within my realm of stitching. I quickly found there's not enough variety of bold colors in my stash. Oh my! I guess it is time to shop.
End of that project until I can add more bolds. How could this happen on a perfect sewing weekend? What to do, what to do.
Here's what I have so far.
Last week a quilting buddy stopped by to show me the remnants of fabric for a project she was working on. They were about 6 inches wide WOF strips in a delightful coffee theme. Then I remembered a small quilt pattern with coffee cups from a Quiltmaker magazine saved from a few years ago. Perfect.
I dug through my tans and browns finding plenty of options. No sewing yet but at least I've got a project. Rather than trace the patterns on fusible web, I copied them on my printer. Let the cutting and sewing begin!
It's all cut and ready for me to stitch. I'll post pictures later. Be sure to come back to see the finished product.
Marcy
Thanks, Marcy! I saw the When Bali meets Sochi Qult somewhere yesterday but there was no pattern, only an expensive kit. I loved the kit but am using stash only as much as possible in my projects. Now I have the free pattern downloaded and can think about making a quilt ... someday. To many other quity irons in the fire right now.
ReplyDeleteI love the printer idea for the coffee pattern. I am enjoying your post with my morning cup of brew. Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat
Great idea to use your printer Marcy! Looking forward to seeing your batik creation too. I just made a tote in batiks, but I can't show it yet because I was testing it.
ReplyDeleteI have that pattern and keep meaning to make it, I'll have to keep an eye on yours! Thanks for sharing at Linky Tuesday! Freemotion by the River
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun project that coffee one is! :)
ReplyDelete