Monday, November 3, 2014

Chocolate Cupcake

Finished!
 

This was sew much fun. It's the Cupcake PP - block #1 in Sew Sweet QAL over at ShapeMoth's blog. There are four very sweet PP blocks and also PP lettering saying "Sew Sweet." I should have stayed with the designer's colors. But being a quilter, it needed to be chocolate. Maybe better browns would smooth it out. I just might make another--with pink frosting. I did machine trapunto and some heavy stippling around the cupcake to give it some depth.



You can better see the size when I set my mug next to it. That's the mug that holds the Hershey's chocolate kisses or M&Ms. Gotta have it.


It's time for me to print out her ice cream cones and get started on them. This time I'll follow her colors and be more please with my results.

Marcy
 

5 comments:

  1. Marcy that looks so yummy and yet zero calories, LOL!!! Chocolate was a great choice. If you make a pink frosted one, maybe add a chocolate Hersey's Kiss to the top instead of a cherry? I will have to visit the link you provided to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious, Marcy! ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cupcake! Too cute!
    -Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a PP block with many, many sewing steps! But worth it. I like how you mixed all those browns because it gives the effect of a three-chocolate frosting. And the cupcake liner is pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really cute! (also very delicious looking)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.