Monday, July 14, 2014

A Resale Shop Find and Tips

Last week I dropped off my quilts at Quilts of Valor. There's a huge really nice resale shop nearby so I stopped to see what treasures I might find. Perfect. Look at this.

 
I'm not sure what it is intended for but maybe for hanging kitchen utensils. It is too tall--16 inches--to be a mug holder. So this is what I came up with.


I was thinking there is still room under all of those cutting tools to put a small box or something decorative. And, it needs a bit of organization.

The old moral of the story:  One man's trash is another man's treasure.
 
Do you have things in your sewing area that are not necessarily sewing-related? For instance, some of my "vintage" Tupperware is holding notions and odds and ends. Boxes checks come in are great for organizing drawers. Wooden skewers to use as a stiletto when you can't find yours. What do you have in your sewing area meant to be elsewhere?

Marcy

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.