A quilting friend brought a visitor over to see my quilts. The visitor had owned a yarn shop so you know she has appreciation for the fabric arts. Oh my! I felt like queen for a day while she was here. It also let me revisit some of my older quilts. We didn't get to see everything and told her she could come back and see what is under beds, hanging in closets and in drawers.
Near the bottom of the pile, my Mary Engelbreit was unfolded. I used the scraps to make the tea cozy I showed you HERE. I want you to see the quilt made from the same fabric. I don't know why it isn't out more often.
Block placement was very difficult since the colors are used in every block--there's no background fabric other than the border white.
What drew me to this pattern was the border. It is fun doing fusible applique and using black thread emphasizes the colors. The addition of different sizes of yo-yos more dimension.
Near the bottom of the pile, my Mary Engelbreit was unfolded. I used the scraps to make the tea cozy I showed you HERE. I want you to see the quilt made from the same fabric. I don't know why it isn't out more often.
Block placement was very difficult since the colors are used in every block--there's no background fabric other than the border white.
What drew me to this pattern was the border. It is fun doing fusible applique and using black thread emphasizes the colors. The addition of different sizes of yo-yos more dimension.
Now I have to ask you, how often do you bring out your hidden quilts? Perhaps we should do it more often.
Edited to add one more picture--the stay put towel.
Pretty! Nice border with the rick rack, yo-yos, and applique. Nice tea cozy too. Mary Engelbreit cuteness!
ReplyDeleteOh it is so nice to see ME fabrics. What a beautiful quilt. Yes it should be out more.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful quilt and the rick rack adds so much! It is much to get quilts out and look at them! Thanks for sharing! Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday
ReplyDeleteOhh, this is just gorgeous! I love it. So fresh and fun!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Mary E!!! I especially like the black applique stitch you used. This quilt is a favorite of mine....so glad you rejuvenated it under our dots theme this week at Tuesday Archives!!
ReplyDeleteAnd again under our rich rac theme as I love this quilt!
DeleteWow, love the border, so pretty!
ReplyDeleteAmazing!!! What a gorgeous quilt with this beautiful applique. It is great with that black thread.
ReplyDeleteNow that's a happy quilt! Visiting from Val's Quilting Studio
ReplyDelete