Friday, February 28, 2014

Mary Engelbreit Fabric Tea Cozy

By now you figured I have a thing for tea cozies. There is never an end to ideas and fabric. This happy Mary Engelbreit fabric did a nice job on this one.  It has a pocket on both front and back. Then with the scraps I made a pad for it to sit on. I did some outline quilting on the pad around the flower. Yes, that's a yo-yo with a button center on top.
 
 
 
This is the other side.  Side the pockets with a tea bag and wooden  honey dipper? 
 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. So So cute! I absolutely love ME!!! ANd your tea set is to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like tea cosy. I drink lots of tea. But I don't have a tea cosy. Maybe it's time I make one. Your version with the pockets is very interesting. Did you make a tutorial for it? I also like your cupcake quilt. That cupcake pattern would look nice on a tea cosy! Cupcakes and tea are so delicious together...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mug rug. I make them but hadn't thought about making the center and then bordering it! I like that style! I'm joining you from FreeMotion by the River Linky!
    Cheri,
    www.fabricandmemories@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pad is my favorite! Bright and delicate in the same time.The appliqued flower is sooo lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and the pad is a neat addition! This makes me want to start drinking tea! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. you won me over with Mary Englebreit. I just love her graphics! When other artists say, with that tone, "she's cute" I say, "YEAH! she is CUTE" I like cute and it makes me happy and it's cheerful like this cozy and mat. So cute. yea!
    LeeAnna Paylor Not Afraid of Color! lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.