This
has been a wonderful experience viewing such beautiful creations made from the paper
pieced pattern by Soma from Whims and Fancies and Mdm. Samm Sew We Quilt.
Paper piecing tends to work a side of our brain not often used—the backwards inside-out
mode. Once you get the hang of it, it becomes pure pleasure when you check how well
everything meets up.
I tend
to shop my stash but some Valentine’s Day fabric sparked my imagination. It looked very romantic and the colors were subtle yet bright.
I wasn’t sure what I’d make until a few blocks were complete.
So here’s my table topper. It’s all dressed up with two-colored points on the edge. I like the way they sort of accentuate the arrow point. On the back side of those points there’s a tiny tip of the red.
Can you see the red tips on the backside of these points?
Okay. I've rolled up my show and now it is time to move on to see what other goodies have been made by today's crafty quilters.
Feb 19th
Lady Bente
Lady Kristen
Lady Linda
Lady Marcy (you are here)
Lady Susie
Mdm Samm

Wowzers! That's one LOVEly tablerunner. I absolutely LOVE the prairie points!
ReplyDeleteLove your table runner... and those fabrics are so yummy!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful table runner and love the way you did the edging! Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWonderful table runner!
ReplyDeleteBeautifully done! Love all those perfectly placed prairie points.
ReplyDeleteVery lovely table runner, fabric and all. Wonderful job with the prairie points.
ReplyDeleteLove your table runner, and the prairie points with the red is very cool, I've never seen them done like that. Great job!!
ReplyDeleteHow clever of you with your prairie points border. That takes this runner over the top. Nice job.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty love you fabric! Very creative in your edging!
ReplyDeleteYour runner is gorgeous! I love the prairie point border and the fabric you used.
ReplyDeleteVery lovely runner!! I like the look rolled up...
ReplyDeleteCute runner! Love the prairie point like binding.
ReplyDeleteohhh lovely, what a great choice for material….your points wellll superb, even those corners wink...
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous table runner and those prairie points are inspired. Trying to remember where I saw a tute on how to do that, or did a fellow quilter show me?? HMMMM. The fabrics you used are lovely and the blocks set it off so well.
ReplyDeleteLove your table runner. Prairie points are fantastic.Great choice in fabric as well.
ReplyDeletewhat a great table topper! I love the prairie points with the red. The red tips on the back are great!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful table runner and the prairie points add so much! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteFreemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday
Beautiful! I love the My Funny Valentine fabric. The red points on the prairie points look so meticulously made. I am trying to figure out the trick to making these. Did you fold your PP squares in half and then sew a red strip to the outside edge and then fold the triangles? Thanks for sharing ... XO ... <3 Pat
ReplyDeleteWow, wow, wow...that is so beautiful! I love the points and the fabric is just lovely!
ReplyDeleteCute as can be! I love the way you did your prairie points. It is very creative.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful table runner, these points are absolutely perfect!!! Superbe!
ReplyDeleteYour table runner is so pretty! What great fabrics... so romantic!
ReplyDeleteSusie
Marcy, I think you're table runner is my favorite. I like it way better than what I did. The fabrics you used are just so romantic and say Valentine. Really pretty !
ReplyDeleteI love it! I think the fabric you choose for your topper is perfect.
ReplyDeleteMarcy the Valentine fabric you chose is lovely. I like the prairie points too.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad we got a close-up view of the Valentine fabric and your special edging. You'll love using this special topper every year at Valentine's time.
ReplyDeleteWonderful! Your paper piecing looks great and the prairie points and fabrics make this runner special! Do you have a tutorial for the prairie points?
ReplyDeleteNice finish with the prairie points! Wonderful job!
ReplyDeleteOne of the first things I did notice are those phenomenal prairie points!! I looked and looked at them. Are they fussy cut or pieced to get that effect? They are great. The table runner is adorable. I love the hugs and hearts. Thanks for participating and sharing your marvelous creativity.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this. The fabric is the perfect choice. And I love the Prairie Points.
ReplyDeleteGreat Job!
xo jan
I love your table runner with the prairie points-they are on my "learn-to-do" list. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWow the back side with the prairie points and their little red tips is just as lovely as the front side. Beautiful table runner.
ReplyDeleteThe table topper looks so pretty and the gorgeous prairie points add the perfect touch!! The border fabric is beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining the blog hop!
-Soma
Oh my goodness what fun your tabletopper is!
ReplyDeleteSuper cute!
ReplyDeleteVery nice - love the prairie points and such pretty fabric!
ReplyDeletelove the edges and your post today about how you did it! very NEAT!
ReplyDeleteYour table runner is beautiful. I adore your two color prairie points. Your brain is rocking the PP and PP (paper piecing and prairie points). Thank you sew very much for Hopping...
ReplyDeleteGreat runner and those prairie points are great fun! Thanks for sharing! Beth @ Words & Stitches, pbstrand@msn.com
ReplyDeleteLovely runner. Such pretty fabrics and the prairie points look fun to make.
ReplyDeletecheers
maggie
maggiemine42@gmail.com
Such a beautiful table runner. Love the fabric and the addition of the prairie points.
ReplyDeleteLove, love those two color points and the Valentine fabric! blessings, marlene
ReplyDeleteI love the fabric you used to make this beautiful table runner. Thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteLovely table runner. Thanks you for sharing with us.
ReplyDeleteOh, I love this! Beautiful work!
ReplyDeleteSO CREATIVE!!!! I love LOVE this one!
ReplyDeleteWow! Such attention to detail. Great job!
ReplyDeleteVery nice work. senstrings (at) yahoo dot com
ReplyDeleteGreat idea, very clever and so-o-o Valentine ♥
ReplyDeleteWonderful hop, thanks for sharing.
Bente
Very pretty. I do love prairies points and really love the two color variety. Beautiful work.
ReplyDeleteWould that be a chocolate heart in the middle ? Yummy ! What a fun border.
ReplyDeleteQuite beautiful! Adding all those stripes of red in the triangles must have been time consuming. But worth it. I love the red tip detail. I think that your table runner is beautiful on both sides.
ReplyDeleteSee...I love a border made out of prairie points! Just to fun and how perfect for a Valentine's runner!
ReplyDeleteI especially love the way you incorporated the red stripe in the fabric onto the prairie points! Great job!
ReplyDeleteI especially love the way you incorporated the red stripe in the fabric onto the prairie points! Great job!
ReplyDeleteWhat interesting prairie points! Love them. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete