A friend stopped by today and, poor thing, had to be bored to death as I dragged out a few quilts she hadn't seen before. She really wasn't bored--she's a quilter too. So I quickly got a picture of this one to share with you.
Now I'll admit I enjoy needle turn applique, but fusing is much quicker--instant gratification. When I fuse I "window" the fusible so there is less of it and to prevent stiffness of the appliqued piece. My sewing machine does a nice button hole stitch saving my hands for more important hand work. On another quilt of this pattern, I did use needle turn and embellished the dresses with lace and buttons.
Now I'll admit I enjoy needle turn applique, but fusing is much quicker--instant gratification. When I fuse I "window" the fusible so there is less of it and to prevent stiffness of the appliqued piece. My sewing machine does a nice button hole stitch saving my hands for more important hand work. On another quilt of this pattern, I did use needle turn and embellished the dresses with lace and buttons.


Is this a patter and if so what is it called. It's precious!
ReplyDelete