Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Nancy Drew Has All the Clues


When I saw the Nancy Drew fabric and the call for bloggers to start creating, my mind went into orbit. Ordering fabric was the easiest part.

Madame Samm at Sew We Quilt and Carol at Just Let Me Quilt have inspired me so much I just had to start blogging. My first encounter with Mdm. Samm was during the Stash Manicure era which made me a daily visitor.

Carol hosted the Bowls with Borders blog hop this past summer and I was in—at The Other Blog, that is. Both possess great organization, and their friendly manner added to the fun. Besides, these are my top two favorite blogs.

Even though I wasn’t a participant at each hop, many projects were attempted—successfully, I might add. I recall stuffing a pillow with dryer lint just to get it done.

First I made a tote with the panel fabric doing a bit of machine trapunto and thread painting.








Here's the interior with pockets


But a girl detective needs a sunglass case with a separate pocket for the spyglass, of course.  And it never hurts to tag on a mini flashlight.



Back at home, Nancy gets everything under control. An organizer for her mug with all the important sewing tools.




It’s important to know which needle is which. Now here’s a different meaning to needle book.   With printable fabric, I used abbreviations to note the needles most used and fused them to the book spines.  They kind of look like the library's white identification tags.  It's flat so the needles won't get lost.


Now it is time to check the list below to see today's other stitchers.  You never know what's out there!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 
Feathered Nest Studio

Check out the full list of participants below.


67 comments:

  1. Love the trapunto work on your book bag! Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful variety of Nancy Drew! Hard to pick my favorite, but the covered mug for your sewing supplies is wonderful! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects! I love your trapunto and your needle keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just adore all your projects. The tote bag is fantastic and I WANT it!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. great projects! The mug is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness what a lot of fabulous projects you made. I absolutely LOVE the bag, I think it's my favourite so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blue on your bag is gorgeous, like the bag. I love the useful mug cover, I still haven't got round to making one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it all but the mug organizer is so clever :)

    Jenn:)

    www.nancydrewsleuth.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your little projects but especially the mug with all the pockets for stashing life's necessities. I also got my start with the Bowls blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great p[rojects Marcy! I wish you'd give us ND girls a clue with how you made your mug tool organizer besdies your tea cozy too. Nice Blog, I just became a follower via reader. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great projects. I love a good bag.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice project you made. So special the organizer.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are all super! I love the cup cover up. It is way better than just the cup I usually use next to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great projects. Thanks for shareign them with all of us today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job on your projects!They're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. your worked great! beautiful tote the bright color are amazing. thank's for sharing and have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful projects and now your sewing room has a Nancy Drew theme.......good job

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful projects and great use of the Nancy Drew fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all your projects. The mug cover is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brilliant idea for the needle book! Love your tote bag

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice variety of projects, I envy you your organization!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your tote bag most of all your wonderful projects.Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great projects!! I especially love the cup organizer - how cool is that?! Thanks for sharing in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very clever projects. The needle book is nifty and "sew" is your mug organizer! Thanks for sharing those great ideas !

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hard to pick out a favorite with all your wonderful projects. That mini tote with the mag lite and magnifying glass is really cute but I guess I would pick the cup organizer. I have one that a pal made for me and love it. She also made a cup carrier so when I sew away from home I just pop it in there and I don't have to haul a big basket of supplies with me.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great projects, love the book pannels on the tote.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really great projects! Love the little white labels attached to the book spines for organizing your needles... awesome idea! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the panel tote, so Nancy Drew! All your projects are fabulous, Thank you for sharing and being a part of Madame's hops :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Every thing looks great I love he mug organier.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Some really cute projects, I especially loved the mug organizer.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful projects! Terrific idea for needles, the tote is great with the spyglass holder, but my hands down fav is the mug organizer.
    Thanks for sharing and congrats on being one of the chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  32. You made a wonderful tote bag. I like how you constructed it and the extra goodies are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful ideas. I really like the idea for the needle holder.

    ReplyDelete
  34. What great projects - I like them all!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ohhh I love the little mug organizer. What great projects you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the bag with all those pockets and I guess the book panels are pretty darn big! Nicely done! B-)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your projects are great. I love the needle holder. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  38. These projects are among my favourites in the hop! I love the trapunto and the eyeglass case on the bag. The needle holder with the 'library tags' is a great idea! And I think everyone has too many mugs and can spare one for a better purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lots of nice projects. I really like the quilting you did on your tote. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  40. lovely projects thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love all of these projects. I have a mug pattern and I may have to make one of these! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I really like your projects, especially the mug organizer> I am constantly leaving my tools laying around, maybe I could keep up with everything with one of these!! Great job! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. All your projects are great! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Very, very nice. I just love that fabric with the full-sized books and it made up perfectly into your bag.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'm so late coming to visit, but I've enjoyed reading the fun comments of people who searched for my clue today. So many have told me they'd love to have one of your organizers. Thanks for sharing your clue--I love it! Your tote and everything else are just too cute! Thanks for your kind words and for hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Such great projects. Love the mug organizer, I have made one, but not nearly a good as yours. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  47. What great ideas you had..& created!!! Specially loooove the Tote! :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Great job! Love the mug organizer. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Fun projects, fun blog, and fun hop. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Welcome to the world of blogging and now you have another follower @ lucky #13. Thank you for sharing all your creative projects. I especially like the needle keeper. I will have to keep an eye for book binding prints so that I too can make some up. I think they would make great gifts for quilters and readers alike.

    Sincerely,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  51. Great projects! I am sure that you will love blogland and the wonderful friends that you will meet! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  52. The trapunto and details turned out so good! I love the bag! I really like the organizer too. I need to make one of those! Thanks for sharing your projects with us! They are awesome!

    -karrie

    ReplyDelete
  53. I had many ask about you being on our top 2 "where is the pattern? "You were a hit by dear , I adored your nd projects...o glad you were part of our team sleuths

    ReplyDelete
  54. The bag and mug cover are wonderful. Both are functional and bright and cheery. I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite as they are equally phenomenal. Thanks for participating and inspiring many. I hope you participate in more blog hops.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Nancy Drew....what wonderful childhood memories!! I loved reading those books! Your bag would certainly make for the perfect book bag!

    ReplyDelete
  56. What a great use of s panel! Seriously great idea! Never knew there was s pattern for a mug organizer...another great idea...as we all have too many coffee mugs...what a great gift idea too! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Oh my gosh - Nancy Drew was a huge part of my childhood. I loved reading about her and all the adventures she went on (with Beth, right?) Fantastic post and wonderful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love your tote! I looked and looked for another panel of the book covers (used all of mine in my big quilt) or more of that spine fabric and I've been carefully hoarding my leftovers because I"ll be so sad when it's all gone.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Visiting from Tuesday's Archives. Oh I wish I'd known about this fabric when it was out! I'm a huge Nancy Drew fan and it would have been fun. Your bag and it's "secrets" is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Fabulous, all of it (especially the spyglass case and the needle book)! I remember when those fabrics came out but didn't remember seeing the panels. You put it all to such good use! Thanks for sharing this again at Tuesday Archives!

    ReplyDelete
  61. OMG!!! I forgot about Nancy Drew...what a fun post to rejuvinate under our Book theme this week!!! I soo enjoyed reading your post. :)V

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.