There seemed to be so many requests for the mug organizer pattern, so I took some pictures to post. It is very useful, not only in the sewing room but just about everywhere you need to keep those little goodies visible and handy.
What looks like a ruffle around the lower portion is actually several pleats. The upper part (which fits inside the cup, is folded from the reverse side. I used store bought bias tape for the edges. (Please ignore the date on the pictures--I had a mess of camera problems.)
This is the front. See how the pleat section is sewn on? You can even see my chalk marks. (ha, ha) The top part folds inside the mug.
This is the back--one piece. The tabs are velcro so you can hook it through the mug handle. If you look close you can see the pleat stitching from the front. There is fusible fleece in the sandwich as well.
Here's another I made for my red kitchen. This pattern works best on a mid-sized mug or larger. If the mug is too small it just doesn't fit or look as good.
Now where to get the pattern. Here's a link to Simplicity's website with their pattern number 2450. However, perhaps one of your local fabric stores may carry it. Above the pattern front on the site, there are three tabs which allow you to look at the package back as well as the front.
Do I hear stash busting project?? How cute they would be in holiday fabrics. Nice Mother's Day and Father's Day gifts too.
Thank you for stopping at my blog and for your lovely comments. Glad you found an interest in the project.





Thank you so much. I saw your organizer on Carolyn's blog and immediately feel in love. thanks again. Off to buy mugs and pattern.
ReplyDeleteThis is great info--thanks! Yes...it would definitely make nice gifts.
ReplyDeleteThanks Marcy for sharing! Next time I'm near a Joann's I'll be picking up that pattern if it's available. Now about your tea cozy pattern?.......lol Jane
ReplyDeleteThank for the extra information about your lovely mug hugger. I will look out for the pattern.
ReplyDelete