Friday, March 1, 2013

March 1st--Spring is Here

Isn't it nice when March comes in like a lamb rather than a lion?  With the colder than normal winter it is nice to have spring drift in.

It's time to get out the green decorations for a while.  Maybe it will encourage Mother Nature to do the same.  This is my March fridge art and here's a closer look at the "rain" where I inserted a few clear beads just for the look.


Have you ever had a difficult time parting with something you've made?  That's me.  The next swap I am sewing for has a St. Patrick's Day theme.  At first it was to be a candlemat but the host changed it to say any small item--candlemat, mug rug, tea towel, etc.  Not wanting to use a patterned fabric, I jumped into my green bin and found four greens to use in this cute and free candlemat pattern on Connecting Threads webstie under freebies.





6 comments:

  1. The candlemat is amazing beautiful. So special. Your fridge art is just the medicin in March. Lovely greens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely greens! Lovely shamrocks! What fun, fun work!
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your shamrocks!!!!!!!! So glad you got to rejuvinate this post this week at TUesday Archives as it certainly deserves to be revisited!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ANd your rainbow made me smile today. I love seeing old posts! I'm looking forward to getting the Tuesday ARchives Directory put together for this very reason!!

      Delete
  4. Very cute and nice! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun candle mat. I love those little shamrocks.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.