I can't believe my eyes. This is one of the quilts for me to finish off for our philanthropy group. I can not believe anyone would give it away. All those 2.5 inch squares perfectly matched up. Besides that, it is just plain cute.
Then I worked a bit on this month's mitten pattern from Quilt Doodles 2016 BOM. It was fun picking through my Christmas fabric to find something that could be fussy cut for the centers. At first I wasn't that enthused about a Christmas quilt since we had just passed the holiday when the 2016 BOM started. But these tiny squares are not only fun, they are a challenge too. The blocks completed by the designer were in a beautiful ice blue color--perfect for a snowy winter.
The whole piece pattern guess together real quick. I'll have to make a few more since there's not enough contrast in the right one below. I dug through some flannel fabrics for these and I am sure there is more.
You can find last month's block I completed HERE.
Then I worked a bit on this month's mitten pattern from Quilt Doodles 2016 BOM. It was fun picking through my Christmas fabric to find something that could be fussy cut for the centers. At first I wasn't that enthused about a Christmas quilt since we had just passed the holiday when the 2016 BOM started. But these tiny squares are not only fun, they are a challenge too. The blocks completed by the designer were in a beautiful ice blue color--perfect for a snowy winter.
The whole piece pattern guess together real quick. I'll have to make a few more since there's not enough contrast in the right one below. I dug through some flannel fabrics for these and I am sure there is more.
You can find last month's block I completed HERE.




The mittens are fun! just about time to get ready for Christmas. And the doggies are really cute, this photo gives them a stained-glass-like feeling. My kids would fight for such a quilt ))
ReplyDeleteThe Scottie dog quilt is soooooooooooo cute!
ReplyDeleteLOVE those dogs! Your scrap quilts are beautiful. Consider me a new stalker... I mean follower. :)
ReplyDeleteWow! I also noticed your red background. LOVE that idea!!! What a great quilt.
DeleteLove the scottie dog. It's too cut. The mitten blocks are cute too. I haven't done a Christmas quilt of any kind yet. One I need too.
ReplyDeleteOh your collection of mittens are so fun!!Quilt Doodles has the most delightful patterns!
ReplyDelete