Sunday, April 10, 2016

Candlemat Orphans and More

This week I parted with four of my felt candle mats. My sweet daughter will take most anything I make as long as it is small. No more big quilts.


I really enjoy working with felt. The needle just glides through the fabric. They make great travel companions.


They were either from patterns or kits. However, the cupcake mat I designed to use when I get the cupcakes out for display.



Sometimes it is fun to add beads. Other times a french knot tops it off.


Here's a funny story. The strawberry candle was sitting on my counter and somehow I spilled the candle wax on the mat. I didn't want to scrape it off so here's what I found on the internet: Turn it upside down on several sheets of paper toweling and set it in the sun on a hot day. Heck, around here there are plenty of hot days. Anyway, not only did the wax come off, but it left a slight smell of the candle fragrance. I know some was has remain as it is a bit stiffer than the others.



I have been neglecting to show you the blocks I've made so far in the Quilt Doodles 2016 BOM quilt adventure. She always has the best tutorial along with the block. Now I'm sifting through my reds and greens to make more. The blocks are small, but a great challenge. The block of the month is free during that particular month. However, she does have the previous blocks on her site or Etsy shop. Speaking of her Etsy Shop.... There's a sale going on over there and you'll love her patterns.


Oh the possibilities.


Here's a picture of the first epiphelum of the season. They are sometimes known as orchid cactus or cactus orchid.





Marcy

4 comments:

  1. You candle mats are all adorable! I couldn't pick a favorite...you have a smart daughter there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your candle mats are so neat Marcy!! I bought a little kit for one several years ago and.....I still haven't made it! Your daughter is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark me present too! I love your candle mats they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your candle mats! They're all beautiful and I just cannot decide which one is my favorite.
    Thanks for the tip about the wax; I'll keep it in mind. :-)
    Pinned

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.