Sunday, October 4, 2015

Scissor Cozy

When I saw this on Daryl's blog, Patchouli Moon Studio, I had to try it. Like her, I couldn't make only one. So my friend with a Halloween birthday will get one too. I enjoy making things for her since she doesn't sew and so appreciates handwork.  Daryl made it from a pattern and tutorial she saw on SOTAK Handmade. That's a new blog for me and somehow found myself looking around at some real interesting ideas. Both sites will inspire you.


This one with the cat and mouse is for my friend. Halloween for sure. Besides that, she likes critters.


This one is for me. It holds my Gingher scissors but it is a bit tight. Next time I'll make it a half inch bigger side to side. The zipper and construction are super simple.


See my scissor cozy matches my sew together bag. See post HERE.


I think she'll get a kick out of it.


It's getting to be time to do a thorough vacuuming and dusting in the sewing room. I stopped on the philanthropy quilts to make the scissor cozies and am trying to talk myself into the cleaning phase.


I'll drop these off this week and maybe make a stop at a few replenishing stores. Shhhh, don't say anything.

Marcy

2 comments:

  1. Your scissor cozies are great Marcy. Your friend will love hers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute and I could have used one when I put my scissors in my bag before heading to my daughter's house!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.