Monday, October 19, 2015

I Need Some Ideas

 
Happy October
 
October is usually a lovely month with cool breezes, some rain and sunshine. This October it's been heat, heat and more heat. But, then, there's just strange weather everywhere.
  
My October BOM for Quilt Doodles is finished. And, like last month, I messed up. Last month the apple was upside down. This time I got it reversed. After it is finished, know one will know the difference--that is if you can keep your lips sealed.
 


Here are three of 12 blocks from Crabapple Hill Studios. After finishing three, I knew there was no longer the want to get the rest of the patterns. The technique is so much fun and the block has lots of fun stitching.


I've considered a few options for these lonely blocks, very few. A table topper just doesn't seem fitting. A three block quilt doesn't either. In fact, any size quilt doesn't move me.
 



Here's one thought: finish each one separately. That way they can hang horizontally or vertically. For some reason I had my heart set on the diagonal cut framing and maybe red binding. I'd rather not do another border since the stitching is so detailed.



Then I wondered about how to quilt it. Just a simple outline around the stitching or maybe even some machine trapunto? Help me. Do you have any suggestions? They have been completely stitched for a few years now and it is time to finish them off.



Marcy

3 comments:

  1. I think I would make them into hot pads, trivets, or something useful. If your making a narrow wall hanging, put an extra 'pocket block' to hold candy canes or cards. I'd quilt it with snowflakes, candy canes, or Christmas lights. L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your handwork is beautiful! If these were mine I'd make them into a bench size pillow. It would be so adorable in a entryway or on a bed at christmas time. My second thought was a wall hanging without batting or quilting. Looking forward to seeing your finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have too much work invested in these, I would make a table runner for a hall table or whatever- they are so charming!
    The quilting I would outline stitch around the embroideries then trapunto the snowy roofs etc... I think simple swirls in the background would be enough. whatever you do they are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.