Sunday, September 13, 2015

My Sew Together Bag



I decided Labor Day weekend would be  for me. The Sew Together bag has been on my wish list for a while and it's a perfect time to do it. The pattern is available at Craftsy. It's an instant PDF download HERE.



Lucky me. There was a quilt along tutorial at Quilt Barn in March of 2014 so I brought my little computer into the sewing room and would switch between the pattern and the QAL. This was like having a teacher and a helper along the way.

This bag is delightful and extremely handy for all of your sewing goodies. I can even fit my small iron and cord into it with no bulging. If you fear zippers. this is a good starting project. If you can sew a straight line you can do these zippers.

The fabric was my winning at a silent auction at my Quilts of Valor group. It was a nice bundle of fat quarters. I did add the green with dots from my stash.

I particularly like the way you can grab either handles once it is all zipped up.
 


There's a piece of felt sewn in for needle and plenty of space between each zipped pocket.


Here it is with some of my tools of the trade. In the lower right corner of the picture below you can see the pin cushion.

 
You know, I have made just too many sewing kits. However this one is the best.
 
Lucky us. With all this technology we are becoming less intimidated by sewing patterns.
 
Marcy
 

4 comments:

  1. It's lovely; the green fabric is just beautiful. I bought the pattern at the end of last year, and i still have to start on it. Thanks for the reminder and the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bag is great Marcy. I made a similar shaped bag that I posted today too. My bag doesn't have all the zippered pockets like yours does, but I can make my bag in 3 sizes. I made the small and medium and will make the large next. I even photographed my bags on a shrub too, lol!!! Great minds think alike...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the perfect fabric for this bag. You're right, that's a good project to practice on zippers with so many. lol Your bag looks very well done and quite practical. I love that you used a red zipper. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is a cool bag! And I love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.