Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Orphan Block Becomes Baby Blanket

Last week when I drop off my philanthropy quilts, I picked up some donated fabric to make more. Mixed in with all this fabric was a large orphan block. It was sweet but puffy and had two stains. Oxyclean didn't remove the stains, so I fused a flower with leaves over the stains. All it needed was a little more fabric around the edge and it was done. No binding to do since we "pillowcase" the small quilts. Once it is turned, pressed and quilted, it's done. Look how sweet this block was before.



And now.


 
If you like flowers, here are my epiphyllum in bloom. Too bad the blooms only last a day or two.



Marcy

1 comment:

  1. Cute baby blanket. The flowers are a lovely addition to this block. Your flowers are sew pretty. I finally was able to plant pansies in my window boxes and hanging baskets. It is still too coll here for anything else. The spring flowers are so welcome this year ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.