I've mentioned before how much I enjoy quilting for philanthropy. Since the quilts are mostly squares all that is needed is a bit of straight line quilting. We used to have a lady who did miraculous machine binding. So for the time being we are birthing or pillow casing the childrens' quilts. This past week I made two tops and quilted them as well.
How I got this far, I don't know. My Bernina had to go in for professional care and I had a choice of two machines while she was out.
Number One--a 50+ year old Kenmore with one speed: FAST. This machine has too many memories to get rid of. Besides making clothes for my kids and gifts for my family and friends, it made drapes and curtains for every house we lived in. As long as it is working, it has a home here.
Number Two--a Mini Janome that is very accurate but slower than a turtle. It weighs about as much as a loaf of bread and I used to take it to philanthropy sew-ins.
Well that's my story today, and I'm sticking to it. Am I the only person in the world who becomes attached to their sewing machine?
Marcy
oh no. not at all. I used to have a Husqvarna that was attached to my hip. there was nothing we could not tackle together. buttons, binding, quilting, you name it. loved that machine. she died happy while in a sewing fest with my niece. we sew together for hours every now and then. I am now using a 221 featherweight and even though the job is getting done, she is slow and her tension goes in and out. ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr............. wish I had my Husky back!
ReplyDeleteSuch cute quilts. And yes, I do love my machines. I told my husband I dreamed he traded in my Janome. His reply was that he knows better than to do that. ;)
ReplyDelete