Sunday, October 6, 2013

Quilts on Display

The community's quilt group held an outdoor quilt show today.  Each of us hung a few quilts outside in front of our house.  It was kind of a spur of the moment idea, barely advertised but perhaps next time it'll be more organized.  It was fun to drive around to see the quilts displayed.  I didn't think to take pictures until my husband was putting things away.  But here's what I did get.  Too bad the camera wasn't with us as we checked out the other displays.


Before bringing this one in for the kitchen table, I tossed on the patio to get a full picture and a close up.  The only quilting is a machine feather stitch using metallic gold thread.  The points on the edge are similar to prairie points.  The pattern is from Quilts Without Borders--if you like working with color this is a great book.



I'll get pictures of some of the others tomorrow with better light.

3 comments:

  1. Wow this is really incredible !
    xo jan@sewandsowfarm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!! THIS is an amazing circle quilt. Thanks for rejuvinating it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the colors and design of this quilt are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.