Monday, September 2, 2013

Magic Vine (UFO) Finished

In 2007 when Eleanor Burns spoke to a small group of quilters in the old school house in Julian California about her new book, Magic Vine Quilts, it became this quilter's must have.  The applique was all completed while we were on a cruise that summer.  The embellishments were added and the construction completed later in the fall.  Lucky for me, in the closet appeared a packaged batting purchased at Road to California (another must) the very size needed.  The type of batting is beyond me at this point, but it could have been wool, silk or bamboo.  Whatever it was, my opinion said hand quilt even though I was not competent.  I'd hand quilted on some baby quilts but my skills were limited.  It has taken this long to complete--not so much the stitching but the procrastination.  Hand quilting is very relaxing and sad to say a dying art.



1 comment:

  1. I have been visiting with you for almost an hour. I love your work! This quilt reminds me so much of quilts I used to see as a child. Everybody's granny quilted back in the 50's. This is very lovely.
    ~ Lynda

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.