Monday, July 24, 2017

Hot Summer Quilting


Don't let the summer temperatures stop you from stitching. If you are like me, you hate to add any heat to the house using your iron. And worse, it's heating you up too. Besides you want to keep the electric bill down. I've got two smaller irons I use for piecing that don't involve heat.




This smaller one is used for small piecing projects. Whether I press on a larger pressing mat or this drawer-sized pad, it gets the job done. This small iron has a detachable cord and the babe will hold the heat for about five minutes. Great for use with paper piecing when you are constantly pressing seams.




For other projects I use this small steam iron. Yes, steam. It gets nice and hot for attaching fusible applique pieces too.

You can find these irons at any online notions shop. The larger iron was purchased at Craftsy. Keep in mind, they travel well and would be great for classes. They can also be used as travel irons.

Stay cool in the summer and stitch away.

Marcy
Vintage Pink Electric Fan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.