Don't you love the sweetness of the 1930s fabrics--feed sacks. I've made many quilts and have more than my share of scraps I cannot part with. However, If I use them up I still have them and probably more visible.
Quilt Doodles Designs has another block of the month this year and it uses just these favorite fabric scraps. It's fun making the blades. But my favorite is the centers. I like mixing applique with embroidery, don't you? Keep in mind, none of these are completed but I just had to share. These are from January and March. February is behind.

Then I took those 1.5" strips in the save box and have made over a dozen log cabin blocks. Fussing cutting the centers makes them a bit cuter. The blocks are paper pieced to prevent wonky squares. These are on the back burner for now but can always slip one or two under the needle when time permits.
My little friendship group is at the end of our round robin. We all started with a house with a roof and it's gone around for several months. This month's assignment is to add something to finish off the block. Any ideas? I was thinking a steeple since the block sits so low on the background. What do you think? Can't wait to see what was done with my house block.
Lastly, here's a photo of this month's philanthropy kids quilts. I think there are 15. I had to get these done and out. I needed the space.
Marcy
Quilt Doodles Designs has another block of the month this year and it uses just these favorite fabric scraps. It's fun making the blades. But my favorite is the centers. I like mixing applique with embroidery, don't you? Keep in mind, none of these are completed but I just had to share. These are from January and March. February is behind.
Then I took those 1.5" strips in the save box and have made over a dozen log cabin blocks. Fussing cutting the centers makes them a bit cuter. The blocks are paper pieced to prevent wonky squares. These are on the back burner for now but can always slip one or two under the needle when time permits.
My little friendship group is at the end of our round robin. We all started with a house with a roof and it's gone around for several months. This month's assignment is to add something to finish off the block. Any ideas? I was thinking a steeple since the block sits so low on the background. What do you think? Can't wait to see what was done with my house block.
Lastly, here's a photo of this month's philanthropy kids quilts. I think there are 15. I had to get these done and out. I needed the space.
Marcy
Love how your're using your '30's fabrics - especially your log cabin blocks! Great idea!
ReplyDeleteOh I just love your 30's project!!! Your pile of kids quilts is inspiring!
ReplyDelete