Sunday, February 7, 2016

Quilt Doodles and Link to a Free Pattern


February's Quilt Doodles Designs block is out and its the tree. Now if you are in to teeny tiny you will love this block. Most of the blocks are one and a half inches square. Yes, small but a great challenge to better our quilting skills. I went scrappy but she has a two color tree.


This is January's block. Deciding on the eyes and nose has been difficult, but I have time.




Then last Sunday I came across this free pattern Lone Star baby quilt from Amy Smart at  Diary of a Quilter and there's a great tutorial as well. Since I do so many philanthropy quilts from the group's stash, I came up with some bright colors for the blocks. Her pattern calls for a border, but since we pillowcase these quilts and I had a nice flannel for the back that was just this size, I omitted it. However, I'll add a border to the second one.


Actually, there are two patterns but they are similar so I just had to cut fabric for the other layout to show you. These quilts finish at about 40" perfect for not piecing the back.



Happy Super Bowl day. A great day to get some stitching done. Unless your husband has invited the neighbors in to watch the game.  :(

Marcy

3 comments:

  1. Lots of fun blocks you've been creating...sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your Quilt Doodle blocks and the star block. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blocks! I particularly like the tree. I'm impressed by the size of the pieces. And the plaid fabric really gives the tree a Christmas look. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.