This is the Row by Row quilt design by Quilted Works. They are located in St. George UT. Do you love it or what!? I was surprised to see palm trees and surf boards but that's fine for this California girl. You can preorder a kit for delivery in late fall. That's part of the national RowxRow rules. Otherwise, stop by the shop and get yourself a kit or pattern. This is the laser cut kit that comes with the pattern.
This one I finished as a single row. I want to hang it between my cabinets and counter and it's the perfect size.
Here's a closer of the left side showing the Mormon Temple. Maybe you can see that I did circles of quilting on the gray street.
I tried to do some waves in the blue and aqua. It's good enough for me.
Here's the back. It's fabric from the Road to California show from 10 years ago. These are my memories.
Words of wisdom: When quilting, check to make sure your needle is on tight. Yesterday during some straight line quilting with my walking foot, the needle just dropped. No damage. Just a good reminder.
Note to self: Do not vacuum before cutting fabric.
Marcy
This one I finished as a single row. I want to hang it between my cabinets and counter and it's the perfect size.
Here's a closer of the left side showing the Mormon Temple. Maybe you can see that I did circles of quilting on the gray street.
I tried to do some waves in the blue and aqua. It's good enough for me.
Here's the back. It's fabric from the Road to California show from 10 years ago. These are my memories.
Words of wisdom: When quilting, check to make sure your needle is on tight. Yesterday during some straight line quilting with my walking foot, the needle just dropped. No damage. Just a good reminder.
Note to self: Do not vacuum before cutting fabric.
Marcy
Marcy I love it. Having grown up in California and being a little hippie girl myself, this really appeals to me!!! So fun.
ReplyDeleteI really love that VW van! Great row.
ReplyDeleteYour row by row is adorable! The backing fabric is perfect! I didn't know you could order the kits in the late fall from shops. The designs in my area aren't the greatest, so I haven't gathered any this year. Your note to self is spot on! Learned from experience myself, too.
ReplyDelete