Monday, December 8, 2014

Santa's Village

This year our quilting group began hanging members' quilts at our clubhouse. Our community consists of 1100 homes and a lovely 25,000 sq. ft. clubhouse with outdoor activities as well.

Even though they don't hang well, it is still a nice display. My quilt is the one on the left. About four years ago about a dozen or more of us quilters decided to make this quilt. So far only four are completed.



Below is my quilt and you can see more of it from last year HERE.

 
This is a friend's quilt. We honestly did not work together on this--we all bought the book. It's amazing to see many of the same fabrics in both quilts. And, in a few blocks, identical fabric used for the buildings.


Marcy

3 comments:

  1. Your Christmas quilt is amazing Marcy! It is no surprise that not everyone has finished theirs yet. It must be quite a challenge! How funny about similar fabrics being used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't this a fun quilt to make? I made one also a few years ago, if you want to look you can go to my blog. Stitches and Etc. http://stitchesscrapsandtidbits.blogspot.com/ I made mine with a friend, we shared fabric and trims and got together once a week until it was done, I will always treasure our time together..Merry Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this gorgeous quilt many times on Pinterest but didn't know it was made by you! Now I'll be able to add your name on the pin. You mix of blue fabric created a magical winter night.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.