I was surfing the net for Cyber Monday fabric sales and stopped at some of my regular sites when I discovered a Post Quilt Market Blog Tour at Riley Blake's Blog. Guess what? A new paper dolls fabric is out. It's called Paper Dolls Bakery. Can I tell you it is beyond cute? (Check Riley Blake's Blog for all the info on designer, etc.)
Back in 2009 I made my first paper doll quilt from a pattern in the January issue of Love of Quilting. It's a basic pattern and uses the most daydreaming fabric ever. Don't you just love those paper dolls and their sweet faces and poses.
Grabbed my camera and got out my paper doll quilt to show you. It's overcast today, which should produce good pictures, but it didn't.
Here are three of the cuties from the top row. I fused them on Kona Snow. There is only outline quilting and heavy stippling.
Here's the back with an envelop for the paper dolls; clothes and accessories. I cut a set for each doll and backed it with white flannel. I guess it's something I remember--playing paper dolls. However, in my day, we used the Sears catalog.

When my quilt guild had a silent auction, I made a small quilt with just one of the girls. Again I put a pocket on the back for the extra dresses and accessories. The lady who bought it has a disable granddaughter. I hope she had many fun moments watching her play
I guess I'll pass on Cyber Monday sales and save my pennies for the new line when it appears in the shops.
Marcy
Back in 2009 I made my first paper doll quilt from a pattern in the January issue of Love of Quilting. It's a basic pattern and uses the most daydreaming fabric ever. Don't you just love those paper dolls and their sweet faces and poses.
Grabbed my camera and got out my paper doll quilt to show you. It's overcast today, which should produce good pictures, but it didn't.
Here are three of the cuties from the top row. I fused them on Kona Snow. There is only outline quilting and heavy stippling.
Here's the back with an envelop for the paper dolls; clothes and accessories. I cut a set for each doll and backed it with white flannel. I guess it's something I remember--playing paper dolls. However, in my day, we used the Sears catalog.
When my quilt guild had a silent auction, I made a small quilt with just one of the girls. Again I put a pocket on the back for the extra dresses and accessories. The lady who bought it has a disable granddaughter. I hope she had many fun moments watching her play
I guess I'll pass on Cyber Monday sales and save my pennies for the new line when it appears in the shops.
Marcy
Super cute! Thanks for sharing about the new paper doll line.
ReplyDeleteIt's gorgeous
ReplyDeleteI made a quilt using this same fabric and I put an envelope in the back for the little clothes. I loved paper dolls when I was a little girl and spent many hours playing with them. I still have a few of my sets. Sure wish I had them all now. Thanks for sharing and I will be checking out the new line of paper doll fabric.
ReplyDeleteYour quilt is adorable! And such fun, too.
ReplyDelete