Monday, October 13, 2014

New Tool Keepers and Ironing Board

 
 
In an effort to clean spice-up my sewing room, up pops the perfect keeper for my most used items while at the machine. I'm always search and reaching for them and they are missing. This has helped. Have you figured it out? It's the grease catcher for the small George Foreman grill.



This hold short tools I'm constantly fumbling for. Nice looking? Well it's a Fostoria toothpick holder. Back in the 60s everyone had to have Fostoria. Probably at that time all I could afford was this tiny glass piece.


I've been using this for a while now. Remember when we all just had to have a bread machine? Yes, I fell for it and then all the bread fell to my hips. A neighbor gave me this unique bread cutter. Just insert bread and cut between the acrylic openings. Perfectly sliced bread every time. Now I use it for holding my mid-sized rulers.




Then I did myself a most needed favor. I dumped my old ironing board and bought a new one. Way overdue for sure. The old one must have moved with me at least twice. It was rickety and made a screeching noise when opened. The ultimate treat would be the Big Board but it's too big.

Here's the new one. It's a bit wider and can rise higher too. Where did I get it? Target and I used a $10 off coupon I got in the mail. The coupon said $10 off household stuff over $50 and I was ready to argue with them if they didn't consider it a household item. It was $49.95 which made be grab another household item to push it over $50.The iron rest makes it even better.

I am feeling like a new woman. Having good tools is part of good sewing but putting your hands on them when needed is even better.

Marcy


 

6 comments:

  1. I love the bread cutter idea. Wish I had one lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcy I think your bread slicer to the rulers is a great idea! Yep I had a bread machine too when the kiddos were young. I'd make 2 loves a day and they would be gone in a blink of an eye. Now I don't eat bread because it ends up on more than my hips! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, your bread cutter is a very good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Fostoria glass toothpick holder for small items.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grease catcher from a George Foreman grill?! I would have never guessed! Great re-purpose items you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially like your ruler idea...thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.