Can you tell? This is one of my favorites. Embroidery warms my heart and so did this pattern when I first saw it. Perhaps it should have been blue work to really set off the chill of winter. But with all the trees and buildings, brown seemed best. (It's a Crabapple Hill pattern.)

The lettering is sort of whimsical and the words seem musical by waving through the center block.
Even though it isn't proper to quilt over embroidery, it seemed necessary given the size and width of the blocks and the weight of all the stitching. Here's where quilting isn't as important as the look of stitching so I try to keep it to a minimum.
The lettering is sort of whimsical and the words seem musical by waving through the center block.
Even though it isn't proper to quilt over embroidery, it seemed necessary given the size and width of the blocks and the weight of all the stitching. Here's where quilting isn't as important as the look of stitching so I try to keep it to a minimum.
I am doing this quilt now. Just started the embroidery ... Love how yours turned out and the quilting.
ReplyDeleteI have been eyeing this quilt pattern for awhile. Yours is just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!!!!
ReplyDeleteYour quilt is beautiful. I did this pattern in red and blue to match my decor, but the browns are really nice and would look great for the whole fall season. Love it!
ReplyDeleteLovely quilt.
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful and I would have done quilting over the embroidery also, looks perfect! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteFreemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday
I've been wanting to make this quilt for quite some time..Stunning!
ReplyDeleteAnother wonderful addition to our theme this week..this one is very classic to me! Very original.
ReplyDelete