My small quilting group of eight ladies just completed a round robin block quilt. It began with just a flower. Stems and leaves were added. The finishing touch was the bugs or birds addition. One member machine embroidered a saying for the center block.
The lower left flowers were done using Joan Shay's 3-D technique. The lower right side flowers were created using yo-yos and pearl centers. The others are a variety of applique methods.
One member donated the green print, burgundy and solid green binding. She also finished the binding. She volunteers at the hospital gift shop where this quilt will be hung for sale. Proceeds from the hospital auxiliary provide scholarship for students seeking a career in health and medical.
These quilter friends are of varying levels and focuses of creativeness. Most are painters of many medias. Then there's me. I've learned all about quilting from them and the blogs I follow. Tried and true approaches have worked for others and they can easily work for anyone. I am fortunate.
The lower left flowers were done using Joan Shay's 3-D technique. The lower right side flowers were created using yo-yos and pearl centers. The others are a variety of applique methods.
One member donated the green print, burgundy and solid green binding. She also finished the binding. She volunteers at the hospital gift shop where this quilt will be hung for sale. Proceeds from the hospital auxiliary provide scholarship for students seeking a career in health and medical.
These quilter friends are of varying levels and focuses of creativeness. Most are painters of many medias. Then there's me. I've learned all about quilting from them and the blogs I follow. Tried and true approaches have worked for others and they can easily work for anyone. I am fortunate.
Marcy
