I think I mentioned in my previous post that when we were visiting my daughter a few weeks ago, she had several of my quilts out. Some that I had forgotten about and was happy to reconnect with them.
This is the very first quilt I made during a workshop with Teri Christoperson through my guild. She also spoke to the entire guild the night before which brought emotions of laughter and tears. She's an amazing person. Sitting with her at the workshop made you feel as if you've known her all your life.
It was so much fun gathering up pieces of yellows, gold and oranges to make up the petals. Some fabrics came from my friends. The background for each block has four different dark blues. This was a great class for a beginner. This may have been my first attempt at FMQ.
Teri's sister Barbara Brandeburg is also a designer. When I bought Teri's book, Sunflower Patch, I also got a copy of Company's Coming of Barbara's. Great summer ideas--placemats to quilts. Not to worry, both books are keepers. I've worked on several patterns from both books. Now if I could remember where those quilts are I could share them with you.
This is the very first quilt I made during a workshop with Teri Christoperson through my guild. She also spoke to the entire guild the night before which brought emotions of laughter and tears. She's an amazing person. Sitting with her at the workshop made you feel as if you've known her all your life.
It was so much fun gathering up pieces of yellows, gold and oranges to make up the petals. Some fabrics came from my friends. The background for each block has four different dark blues. This was a great class for a beginner. This may have been my first attempt at FMQ.
Teri's sister Barbara Brandeburg is also a designer. When I bought Teri's book, Sunflower Patch, I also got a copy of Company's Coming of Barbara's. Great summer ideas--placemats to quilts. Not to worry, both books are keepers. I've worked on several patterns from both books. Now if I could remember where those quilts are I could share them with you.
Happy Fall
Marcy

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.