Sunday, March 11, 2018

Dr. Suess Quilt

Edited to correct spelling. Dr. Seuss Quilt

Whatever happened to the old fashioned baby shower? Do you remember being thrilled with all the goodies your friends and family selected? It seemed back then, everything was pastel green and yellow. That's because we didn't know what to expect.

Then time went by and the baby's gender was found by ultrasound--or back then known as a sonogram. That's when we might see pink or blue accessories. Keep in mind, I go back to the time of cloth diapers.

Fast forward to today. Now the new parents-to-be have a theme. Yes, a theme.

My granddaughter is expecting a girl and she has decided on a nautical theme. The family has always been in to boating and water sports. This only granddaughter is also a bookaholic.

Luck was with my. I found a Dr. Seuss panel and ordered some companion fabric. The panel may have been meant to be a fabric book, so all I had to do was cut the pages and frame them. Not to quilt over the pages, stitch in the ditch was my method of quilting. However, I did FM the waves.


And to add to the package, what else but the book itself.


I guess the challenge was met. The nautical idea of the fabric and then the added book for story telling times.

Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.