Some years ago the idea of crayons with embroidery showed up in a magazine. I made this block from the magazine's article and turned it into a pocket for a tote. Using crayons really seems to add dimension while not stealing from the embroidery work.
After that I worked on three of Crabapple Hill's Christmas blocks using the same technique. You can see my finished blocks HERE.
During the holidays, I saw this pattern on Crabapple Hill Designs site and ordered it immediately. Somehow in my messing around I must not have noticed the amount said "2". Oh well. It was a cheap lesson. So I decided to pass the extra on to one of you who enjoy embroidery like I do. Just express an interest in having it and I'll put your name in the hat and have my husband draw the lucky winner. (Closes January 21, 2017)
Here's my traced block and crayon work.
And now I am stitching and can't seem to put it down.
I guess stitching does make me happy and glad to share the wealth.
Marcy
Love your crayon work. Throw my name in the hat, please. I'll stich along with you. That would be a nice little project for my to-go school bag for when I substitute teach kids in study hall.
ReplyDeleteKathy, you must be a no reply blogger. Let me know if you are still interested.
DeleteIt is a great little project. I'd love to do it...but have too many things started....just had to let ya know how much I like yours.
ReplyDelete