First off, the binding really doesn't look that bad in real life. Maybe because they were stacked under other quilts. Or maybe I should have pressed them before grabbing the camera.
These were started a few years ago. It's hand embroidery enhanced with crayons. It was fun working on them, but after three it was getting to be tiresome. So I quit. Do you burn out like this too?
The pattern is from Crabapple Hill Studio and they also had a machine embroidery pattern. Yes, there were at least twelve blocks.
Each one was quilted in cross hatch one inch. I also outlined some of the "parts" to set them off a bit.
The next one is the Candy Cane Quilt Shop. I used the gold thread as the pattern called for, but disappointed that it doesn't show up well.
These were started a few years ago. It's hand embroidery enhanced with crayons. It was fun working on them, but after three it was getting to be tiresome. So I quit. Do you burn out like this too?
The pattern is from Crabapple Hill Studio and they also had a machine embroidery pattern. Yes, there were at least twelve blocks.
Each one was quilted in cross hatch one inch. I also outlined some of the "parts" to set them off a bit.
The next one is the Candy Cane Quilt Shop. I used the gold thread as the pattern called for, but disappointed that it doesn't show up well.
Have you finished all of your Christmas projects? No? I just don't understand that. LOL
Marcy
Really cute!
ReplyDeleteThey are quite beautiful! Gold thread needs thickness to really show, I find.
ReplyDeleteThree is plenty enough. :-)
These are really pretty. So much detail; I'm impressed! But I completely understand why you would burn out after three. And three is a great number to have on hand. You could line them up like a table runner in three pieces, or put three candles on them, etc. Odd number always look more composed together, I think.
ReplyDelete