Needing some hand work when visiting my daughter and found this pattern in Eleanor Burn's book, Town Square Sampler and used her method of applique. I changed it so that the banner said Quilt Show. No, I did not embroidery it--I just printed it from the computer.
The quilts are dimensional and two sided hanging from 'rope" between the buildings

It was loaned to the quilt show committee for the quilt show and to use on the table set up at each guild meeting to promote the quilt show and provided handouts plus encourage assistance. The quilt show committee met monthly for a year to discuss not only the previous year but to come up with better solutions and consider more creative ideas. It was my pleasure to serve on this committee for four years before moving on to another area of the guild's many offerings.
It's an outdoor quilt show down a strip of about six blocks. Guild friendship groups and individual guild members hung their quilts in an assigned area according to size and amount of quilts. Some are hung on ropes attached to posts on buildings, and some lay over banisters and railings
Here's my two Santa's for Quilt Doodles this month sans buttons. Lots of catching up to do in that department. I like the checker board hat better than the solid piece. Then eyes can be added using beads or buttons as well as a yo-yo at the bottom of the hat after I quilt it.

Somehow I've never felt it was complete. It needs more embellishments.
The quilts are dimensional and two sided hanging from 'rope" between the buildings
It's an outdoor quilt show down a strip of about six blocks. Guild friendship groups and individual guild members hung their quilts in an assigned area according to size and amount of quilts. Some are hung on ropes attached to posts on buildings, and some lay over banisters and railings
Here's my two Santa's for Quilt Doodles this month sans buttons. Lots of catching up to do in that department. I like the checker board hat better than the solid piece. Then eyes can be added using beads or buttons as well as a yo-yo at the bottom of the hat after I quilt it.
Marcy
Your Quilt show quilt is so adorable with all it's details. I'll come back to look for more if you give it extras. Thank you for visiting my blog with nice comments, too.
ReplyDeleteI love your house quilt! The 3d quilts are beautiful and added the perfect detail to this row of houses. Pinned
ReplyDeleteI also prefer your check board hats. I wish you a good Sunday!
Very clever and darling Quilt Show wall hanging! I may adapt it to make a hanging for my laundry room with small articles of clothing hanging between the houses. I made a Quilts hanging in a pumpkin patch wall hanging with a tutorial a few years ago and an enjoying it for the fall!
ReplyDeleteClever and cute quilt. And your mitered corners are right on! Thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea for promoting participation in volunteering for the quilt show. Love the dimensional quilts on the "clothes line"!
ReplyDelete