My husband is the artist of the family. He found this pretty piece to attach the quilt to making for a nicer statement when hung. It fits perfectly.
Do you find yourself getting more sewing done with the air conditioning running? I'm originally from IL now residing in CA and remember the days we were snowed in during the winter. Great stitching time. Heck, now we are bound to our house with the air conditioning running and it's easily compared to snow days without shoveling.
I got two of the Quilt Doodles BOM 2016 blocks completed and will be digging in my stash for more fabric this afternoon. The weather man says warm again. This tiny squares are fun to work with and present a fun challenge.
I'm hoping after a good pressing they won't look so wonky.
My friend assembled this quilt for Quilts of Valor. The group made the blocks and it was a matter of getting them together. The fabrics have a nice mix.
Marcy
I've got several old quilts that would look so much better with more quilting and I think it is okay to do so. That piece looks beautiful with the artsy look! Sweet stockings!
ReplyDeleteYour small applique quilt is wonderful and adding more quilting to it would be perfect. I have done that sort of thing also. I'm in Iowa and it has been hot and yes.....I'm staying inside and sewing!
ReplyDeleteHi, Marcy, Congrats on the feature at Linky Tuesday! Lovely little quilt, very well displayed. I think it is perfect just as it is. I really like your Christmas stocking blocks.
ReplyDeleteIt has been very hot here, too. Good weather to stay in the AC and sew ... :) Pat