Today is nice and sunny so I ran out to take a few photos to share. This first picture is of my version of the Splendid Sampler block of a darling quilt shop. I printed the words on fabric for me and my group giving them a month to complete. It'll be fun sharing our own interpretation next time we meet. It's fun to look at all the blocks submitted to the groups sew-a-long. Anyone can join in and there are some terrific patterns with more to come. This is the only one I've completed so far. I'm beginning to enjoy working with those teeny squares.
Here are two of my philanthropy quilts for this month. The fabric is part of the group stash but I get to select the fabrics.
The center is a panel. Actually there were to hearts per panel and enough of the companion fabric to make two quilts. Quilting is mostly in the ditch, on the stripes of the flag and some stipling in the background. Easy does it. The leader said the hospital staff go bananas when patriotic quilts come in.
Did I mention BRIGHT. You may need your sunglasses for this one.
There are lots of holidays coming up and I hope yours are great.
Marcy
Here are two of my philanthropy quilts for this month. The fabric is part of the group stash but I get to select the fabrics.
The center is a panel. Actually there were to hearts per panel and enough of the companion fabric to make two quilts. Quilting is mostly in the ditch, on the stripes of the flag and some stipling in the background. Easy does it. The leader said the hospital staff go bananas when patriotic quilts come in.
Did I mention BRIGHT. You may need your sunglasses for this one.
There are lots of holidays coming up and I hope yours are great.
Marcy
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.