Sunday, January 17, 2016

Table Topper--Class with Shelley Swanland

In case you are not noticing, I am finding some quilts I haven't shown you before. It's part of my reorganization of my quilts and sewn things. I need to clean out the guest room for fear anyone staying in there may be smothered by my loot.

Some of the smaller items have popped to the surface. This is from a class I took with Shelley Swanland about seven years ago. Her technique is unique. She is probably one of the most patient teachers and has an eye for color you wouldn't believe.









(Couldn't decide which picture was better so uploaded both. I lack camera skills.)
The green and wine color are batiks, but the background is cotton. I really like the color combo since it is almost like a neutral. Easy straight line machine quilting. The technique gave me some time to do some hand work that I love but the turned edges can be fastened with a sewing machine as well.



I am hoping in my reorganization attempt to find the huge jar of variegated threads that I put somewhere for safe keeping. Haven't you done that too?


Marcy


5 comments:

  1. Your table runner looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that your table topper is very nice!

    Dollandesign

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt and I hope you found your thread LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great table topper....love it! How's your thread-hunt going? I hate when I lose stuff in my quilting space.... :0(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your color combo too! The turned edges are beautiful and make your central blocks very special. Your whole quilt looks very sophisticated. It brings a vine cellar to my mind.
    Pinned

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.